Spinach is such a super nutritious vegetable, you want to eat it as often as you can. Spinach Ohitashi, cooked spinach salad, is a very popular, healthy, and of course tasty small side dish in Japan.
1 bunch spinach
1/4 cup Dashi
1 Tbsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp sugar
Katsuobushi (dried bonito flakes)
- Mix Dashi, soy sauce and sugar in a small bowl.
- Boil water in a large pot, then add spinach. After 15-30 seconds, remove from heat and drain water.
- Cool spinach in running water, and squeeze water out from spinach.
- Cut spinach into 2" sections and place in a bowl. Add Dashi sauce mixture and mix well.
- Chill or serve right away with a sprinkle of Katsuobuhi.