This is a soft cake, preferably eaten in the winter so that the chocolate does not run.
⅝ lb eggs
5 oz granulated sugar
3 ½ oz almonds
¾ oz bitter almonds
3 oz all-purpose flour
3 ½ oz starch
3 oz butter
1. Whip the egg yolks with half the sugar.
2. Mix all the ingredients together.
3. Mix the almonds with the flour then the starch and the soft flour, and finally blend with the yolks and sugar.
4. Blend in part of the egg white whipped and put back the remainder of the already prepared mixture and add the melted butter. Finally blend in the remaining egg white.
5. Put all of the mixture into a mould and bake at 360°F for 50’.
6. When the cake is cooked, remove from the oven, glaze with the tempered chocolate and serve.
It is necessary to take great care when mixing the ingredients together, otherwise the cake collapses. The glazing should only be done when the cake is completely cold.