After a scorcher of a month, this plants in our garden have slowed down considerably, but for a period there, I was picking five or six zucchini a day. Zucchini is a versatile vegetable, but you really can only do so much with zucchini day after day before you become a tad tired of it. Thank God I have chickens who appreciate leftover!
2 Cups Light Farro (Spelt) Flour
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
3/4 Cup Sugar
2 Large Eggs At Room Temperature
1/2 Cup Olive Oil
1/2 Cup Fat Free Greek Yogurt
1/2 Cup Chopped Walnuts
1 Cup Grated Zucchini
1/2 Cup Finely Chopped Walnuts
1/3 Cup Sugar
1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and lightly grease and flour a 9 X 5 inch loaf pan.
- In one bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder and soda, and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together the sugar, eggs, oil, and yogurt.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients and stir just until mixed.
- Fold in the walnuts and zucchini.
- In a small bowl, stir together the chopped nuts, sugar, and cinnamon, and sprinkle over the loaf.
- Bake for about 1 hour, or until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes then remove from the pan and continue to cool on a wire rack