Making Pasta at home is actually much easier than you might imagine. Imagine delicate layers of egg pasta nestled between a spicy tomato sauce and meltingly tender cheese for unforgettable lasagna.
1/2 Pound Fresh Spinach (Stems Removed)
3 Cups All-Purpose Flour
4 Extra Large Eggs
- Wash and dry the spinach, and place it into a food processor, and pulse until it is well chopped.
- Place spinach in a strainer over a bowl and let drain 30 minutes.
- Return the spinach to the food processor.
- Add the flour to the blender and pulse.
- Lightly beat the eggs in a small bowl, and then add a little at a time to the flour mixture, pulsing briefly between additions.
- Once the dough has come together into pellet sized pieces, remove and knead by hand until smooth.
- To Roll Pasta With A Pasta Machine:
- Break off a fist sized piece of the dough and flatten into a disc.
- Flour well, then pass it through the widest openings of your pasta machine.
- Remove, fold into thirds and repeat.
- Do this 4 or 5 times, dusting with flour between each time.
- Now start to decrease the rollers by turning down one notch each time.
- Put the dough through each setting twice until you have reached your desired thickness.
- For stuffed pastas, you will generally roll it to the thinnest or second thinnest setting.