Roasting tomatoes in this manner caramelizes them, enriching their flavor. These tomatoes can be used in sauces, soups, to top bruschetta or even on salads.
10 To 15 Ripe Tomatoes
2 Cloves Garlic, Finely Minced
1 Teaspoon Sugar
Salt & Pepper
1 Tablespoon Finely Chopped Fresh Thyme (Or Herb Of Choice)
1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to 275 degrees F.
- Halve the tomatoes, and place skin side down on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle over them the garlic, thyme, salt, pepper, and sugar.
- Drizzle with the olive oil and place in the oven.
- Bake for about two hours or until they have shriveled yet still remain moist.
- Cool, and use as desired.