Season with salt and pepper. To serve as an appetizer, lay 1 ravioli in a shallow bowl and spoon the brown butter over the top. Garnish with the crispy sage leaves. Sprinkle with Parmigiano-Reggiano and serve.
250g fresh ravioli (preferably butternut squash or mixed cheese)
100g fresh breadcrumbs
2 tbsp chopped sage
1 tbsp chopped rosemary
100g grated Parmigiano Reggiano, plus extra to serve
Vegetable oil, for frying
Handful sage leaves
1. Spread the ravioli on a baking sheet and freeze for 25-30 minutes until hard.
2. Mix the breadcrumbs, sage, rosemary, 50g Parmigiano Reggiano and a pinch of black pepper.
3. Whisk the eggs and milk in a shallow dish.
4. Remove the ravioli from the freezer and dip in the egg mixture before coating in the Parmigiano Reggiano breadcrumbs. Arrange on a baking sheet and return to the freezer for a further 25-30 minutes to harden.
5. Heat oil in a heavy-based saucepan until hot and fry the ravioli in batches for 3-5 minutes until golden. Remove from the oil and drain on kitchen paper.
6. Fry the sage leaves for 1-2 minutes until crispy and drain on kitchen paper.
7. Serve the ravioli hot with more grated Parmigiano Reggiano and deep-fried sage leaves.